All About My cakes and Treats

I am a stay-at-home mom who NEEDS a creative outlet! I love to watch Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. In May of 2009, I decided to see if I could do what they do, and I was immediately hooked on the amount of design and detail that go into it!! After making many practice cakes for friends and family, I started getting orders for birthdays and events. My hobby turned into a "work-from-home" business and here I am! I learn something new with every cake and I am still loving every minute of it!



Monday, July 23, 2012

Alissa & Keaton's Wedding!!!

It seems like just yesterday I was sitting with Alissa and Keaton designing their cake.  Alissa had definite ideas that she wanted incorporated into the design, which makes my job easier!  I was so excited to create this cake...it truly is one-of-a-kind!   Their cake is my new favorite of all that I have created!!
Flash forward to the wedding day...I sometimes don't know what to expect when I arrive with the cake for set-up at the reception site.  It can be unnerving to say the least!  The Orchid in New Haven, IN is amazing!!!  I had transported this 5 tier cake in 2 sections, and the bottom 3 tiers were extremely heavy!  I went in to check out where I was setting up and talked to the people in the kitchen to see about using a cart.  The gentleman who was doing some of the cooking came to my rescue!!  He helped me carry the cake in and really did save me!!  They were all so nice and helpful!!  (I have set up at some places where they act like I am intruding on their territory ??  so weird).

This was really a beautiful reception site and the colors and decorations were awesome!!!


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment