All About My cakes and Treats

I am a stay-at-home mom who NEEDS a creative outlet! I love to watch Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. In May of 2009, I decided to see if I could do what they do, and I was immediately hooked on the amount of design and detail that go into it!! After making many practice cakes for friends and family, I started getting orders for birthdays and events. My hobby turned into a "work-from-home" business and here I am! I learn something new with every cake and I am still loving every minute of it!



Sunday, November 1, 2009

Topsy Turvy Cakes

Topsy Turvy Cakes, also known as "Mad Hatter Cakes" are unique because they look as if they will topple over at any second.  The design and construction is very tricky but also alot of fun!  I had my first opportunity to try my hand at a Topsy Turvy Cake when I was asked to make a Halloween Birthday cake for one of my daughter's friends who was turning 11.  I decided to do this type of cake because I wanted it to be very unique and I thought it was fitting for the spooky theme of the party.  I was very pleased with how it turned out!  I will definitely be doing this type of cake construction again!

3 comments:

  1. Nick came home from the party last night and said..."you should have seen Emma's cake, it was sooo cool...Meg's mom did it!!!"...they were all limpressed!!! Very Cool~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany Nick was right on it was very cool!!! Thank you so much Emma will never forget it. Not only did it look amazing it was delicious. I will probably gain about 10 pounds by the time we polish it off but I am willing to power thru! Haha Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the making such a wondeful cake for our dual bday party! Everyone loved the cake. You have an impressive talent and I am thrilled you are sharing with everyone else! have a great New Year and thanks again

    Christy Wortman

    ReplyDelete